Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Natural Hair Goals



As I sit here and type this I am working on my top goal for my hair for 2011; no heat! I never use direct heat but I do sit under a hard bonnet dryer when I do my deep conditioning treatments. A few days ago I was chillin with my best friend and my goddaughter and my bestie was walking around with this foil on her head shaped like a bowl and I asked her what it was and she was saying she was DC'ing with the ORS Replinishing Pack and that the foil kept her body's natural heat in better than just a shower cap. Makes sense right? Well why was I shocked about it lol. After taking off the foil, I touched her hair and it was so incredibly warm. It felt as if she had sat under a dryer. Welp! That did it for me. In 2011 as I near my 2nd hairversary I'm challenging myself not to use any heat!

So here's my complete list of 2011 Natural Hair Goals:
1. No Heat (explained above)
2. More Water (Body loves it, hair can't get enough of it)
3. Pescetarian Diet (Vegetarian + Seafood/// A cleaner, more natural eating lifestyle)
4. More Protective Styles (Less manipulation plus i have Hand-In-Hair syndrome lol)

I want to hear yours. Please leave a comment with at least three goal for your natural hair in 2011!

ALSO: I have created a twitter name in connection with this blog so if you already follow me on beautiifuldream, please add bigGirlbigHair, thanks loves!

4 comments:

Adrienne Michelle said...

Well I'm transitioning *completely terrified of the BC* and I just made it one year natural yay! The two textures are killing me but I'm loving my kinky curly moptop so far. Let's see my goals, first I wanna find a list of staple products that work for me. Ive been trying a lot of different things on 2010 so I think I may have a better idea of what my hair likes. Next I'm trying no heat. Thanks for the foil tip! I haven't had. Any heat on my hair in about 4 months so I wanna keep going with that. Last but not least I want to do my BC in May. Wish me luck ;D

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Wow! @ foil! Interesting....

A little bit of heat wont kill you though.

My goals:
*I want the front of my hair to reach my chin or longer (right now it reaches the middle of my nose)

* I want to be able to put all my hair into a ponytail without any hair coming loose. (right now I can get all my hair into a high pony tail if I use all my strength, but the sides and front come loose quick!) LOL

*I want to stay just as motivated as I am about my hair!

www.KinkyCurlyCoilyMe.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Your goals are great. Good luck with them. My only hair goals is to just drink lots of water,wear my protective styles and moisturize. Nothing to big.



http://aunaturaleandlovingit.blogspot.com/